Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Climbing

Back in the long ago and far away days of my childhood, my sister used to climb trees. I never really got into it, but she looked like she was having fun... until that time she fell out of the tree and fractured her arm. I think Bennett is going to be a tree-climber. He didn't get too far on this giant oak tree, but what a good start!

Photobucket

Playing outside is the best. It cuts the number of times I have to say "no" at least in half.

Inside: No no, don't touch the dog bowls. No no, don't climb on the fireplace. No no, don't open the cupboards. No no, don't pull all of the toilet paper off of the roll. No no, don't crush the kitty. (Well, maybe you can crush the kitty for just a minute, because you think you're giving him a hug which is so sweet).

Outside in the big giant park with tons of space and trees: No no, don't eat that. And that's it! Pretty much just a few reminders not to eat things, and otherwise freedom reigns. Climb away, Bennett, climb away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little guy is ten months old today. The big one year mark is creeping up much faster than I'd like it to! Party planning has already commenced, of course.

5 comments:

Emma Kay said...

Haha, it's funny cause I'd like to take Eli out more, but that's when I have to dish out the "no no no"'s. Once he sees the dog food, it's all over. There is nothing that will deter him from that silver bowl of disgusting bliss. I should just remember to put the bowl out of his reach shouldn't I!?!?!

P.S. Woohoo!!!! I can comment again! Yay!

About a Mom said...

Hi! What a cutie your son is! New follower from toddle along tuesday hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow! :)

Unknown said...

Oh! Your little tree climber is so adorable. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Sweetness for sure : )

Jen Sebring said...

I always wanted to like tree climbing... I was the one on the ground worrying and foreseeing disaster... Total mom at heart... :)

Kristin said...

These pics are beautiful! He is so handsome!