Monday, February 14, 2011

Will You Be My Valentine?

Being that Valentine's Day is on a Monday this year, I thought it was going to be un-fun, at best. I usually get really excited about holidays, but my brain feels like it has been stretched in too many directions lately, and candy hearts were unfortunately on the bottom of my list of important things to worry about.

Enter Nic and Bennett - Valentine's Day has been saved! A surprise visit to work was all I needed to get into the lovey-dovey spirit. They dressed in coordinating Valentine-y outfits, and came bearing flowers, cards and Milk Duds.

Photobucket

There's nothing like a vase of fresh flowers at the ol' desk to perk me right up. I lean over every few minutes and take a whiff of the roses. Nic is always so thoughtful. He coordinated today's efforts despite coming down with a case of the sniffles. Roses are red, violets are blue, Nic is awesome, and Bennett is too.

Photobucket

Bennett picked out a fantastic Valentine for his Mommy. Apparently I remind him of a Super-Kitty. Love it! Bennett helped me open the card, and then he tried to eat it. He tries to eat everything these days.

Photobucket

My sweet, sweet Valentines stayed for a little while, and after they left, I ate the whole box of Milk Duds.

No comments: