Monday, May 9, 2011

Travel System

You know how they market those fancy stroller/carseat combinations as travel systems? Well, this is our travel system. This is how we roll.

Photobucket

It may not be pretty, but it sure makes me laugh. The cart is an oldie but a goodie that my mother-in-law found at a garage sale. We originally acquired it several years ago with the idea that our dogs could ride around in it. After all, French Bulldogs have rather short legs, and making it all the way around a lake with them would have been nearly impossible without the cart. Who would have thought that it could make such a sweet baby mobile? Some lady actually walked past us the other day and said, "boy, that baby sure rides in a Cadillac, huh?" And she wasn't being sarcastic. I was puzzled, to say the least. We pile up our loads of random stuff, secure the carseat with a few straps, and off we go.

Mother's Day was great. We took the travel system and went for a walk. We love our walks so very much. The lake was especially beautiful and peaceful. I think it knew I needed a little peace and calm, and it delivered.

Photobucket

In random order, other fantastic Mother's Day weekend happenings included:

Bennett learning how to swing. Well, at least he sat in his first real outside swing, and he seemed to enjoy it. Soon enough, he'll be asking to go higher and higher, and I'll be biting my nails.

Photobucket

After work on Friday, I came home to this beautiful masterpiece. Daddy and Bennett are so very creative.

Photobucket

I love watching him climb. He looks like a little tree frog.

Photobucket

Eyes closed smoochies for Mommy's Day. He is scrumptious.

Photobucket

Best picnic ever. The spread included cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Eating outdoors is so much fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I sat back on Sunday and really thought hard about how lucky I am. To be surrounded by so much love each and every day... that's just the most I could ever ask for. It is a privilege to be Bennett's mommy. It is a joy to be Nic's wife. It is, well, something, to be the proud owner of two relatively stinky pets.

Now, to continue soaking up the spring sunshine! Later, gators.

No comments: