Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old Spice

I smell like Old Spice. This is because somehow I have managed to forget to purchase a normal ladies' deodorant for, oh, about the past month. But Nic has a stockpile of Old Spice, so...

If I don't secure my elastic hair bands in some fashion before bedtime, Kitty will tear them apart and eat them. Hair bands that are left sitting unprotected on the nightstand are in real danger. So now, every night they come out of my poor excuse for a hairstyle (pile o' hair that is supposed to be a bun) and get wrapped ever so carefully around the corner of my pillowcase, where they can remain safe until morning. My pillowcase has a ponytail.

The "Q" key on the laptop is busted. It falls off every time you come near it. Is it ok to superglue a broken key back to the keyboard? Probably not a good plan.

Is there anything worse than being stuck inside at work when the weather is perfect? Wait - don't answer that. Because yes, I know that there are worse things. At least I got out to enjoy some early evening sun and a nice breeze the other day. I wanted to stop about fifty times and take pictures of everything that looked spring-y and pretty. However, I did not stop too much, lest I wake the King of Snoozles. He does not like stopping.

Photobucket

Just one picture of an especially twisty tree. And blue sky that just wouldn't quit. And spring green leaves making their first appearance of the year. Ahhh.

Photobucket

Our good friends welcomed their first little baby to the world yesterday, and I was literally dancing around my office this morning when a snapshot of his cute baby face appeared on my phone. Babies are the best. I wish these friends didn't live so very far away, because I'd sure like to be there in person to give baby a snuggle, mommy a big hug, and daddy a high five.

New baby has me thinking about how far we've come. It was not so long ago when Bennett made his arrival, but it seems so far away. He grows and changes at lightning speed, and it seems like leaps and bounds now separate us from his new baby days. So, though today is not a particularily important milestone, (he has offically reached the age of 8 months and 6 days), I feel like looking back for just a moment and celebrating the then and the now.

Photobucket

Happy Thursday, folks.

1 comment:

Emma Kay said...

That is one super cute kid you've got there!