Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happiness

We had a long weekend that felt, at moments, like a real vacation. Lounging by lakes, sipping icy drinks, dining out, connecting with friends. The best part, by far, was having hour after hour of free time with my Green Bean. I wish I could somehow make every day a three-day-weekend day. Here are a few bits of happiness from the last few days.

The boy loves his dog. And he's beginning to love playing in the grass. He rips it out by the handful, and sneakily tries to eat it. It seems like I'm saying the phrase, "no no, we don't eat that" about five million times a day. Items such as balls of cat hair, paper and dirty flip flops fall into the "we don't eat that" category.

Photobucket

Nic is not a fan of these cowboy boots, but I think they rock. The boots speak for themselves.

Photobucket

Sleeping all snuggled up with Mommy doesn't happen very often anymore, so I savor the moment when it does.

Photobucket

Hot hubby and darling baby at the lake on a beautiful day. Does it get any better?

Photobucket

I was totally convinced he was going to poke his eye out with this thing. As of today, both eyes are still intact.

Photobucket

This was the first time we tried putting him in a restaurant high chair. He did a great job! And he kept busy charming all of the wait staff.

Photobucket

He's so awesome I can barely stand it.

Photobucket

And one more stealth shot of the monkey. This time he's walking along like a good boy/monkey. Lovely.

Photobucket

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Emma Kay said...

Oh I just want to reach into the screen and give that boy of yours a big smoosh!